The Future of America is Bright
The Future of America is Bright
Psalm 89:34 (KJV)
My covenant I will not break, nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips.
This year (2021) we are celebrating America’s 244th birthday. For many believers there is a sense of heaviness because of what we are witnessing across our land. Many believe God is bringing His judgment on our country because of our sins from the past and present – abortion, racial injustice, sanctioning of gay and transgender rights, and the list goes on. That would be true except for two Bible Truths:
- Jesus took all judgment for the entire world on Himself on the Cross (John 3:16, John 12:32). We are currently living in what is called the Age of the Dispensation of Grace. God will not judge man again until the end of this age. It is not God’s judgment causing the problems we face in our country; it is the result of the law of sowing and reaping that is bringing about what we see in our country today. Yes, we have problems, but no, they are not coming from God.
- The United States of America is in covenant with God. In 1620, the Mayflower Compact was signed by people coming to our shores. It stated, “Having undertaken, for the glory of God, and advancement of the Christian faith…in the presence of God, and one of another, covenant and combine ourselves together…” By entering into covenant with one another and with God, there was an eternal connection made concerning this country that cannot be broken (see scripture above).
In 2009, the Lord spoke to a respected minister of the gospel that the United States of America was the only nation every created by people who loved Him and sought a place where they could worship Him freely. He told that minister that He would never forget that! The Lord added that He was going to move to bring about a great spiritual awakening that would draw America back to Himself. That should be the focus of every believer as our country appears to be spiraling out of control.
What should be the response of believers to these truths? Instead of talking about how bad things are, we need to become the voice of hope for this nation. We need to begin declaring that America is in covenant with God and He will never forsake the only nation ever founded whose sole purpose was to freely worship Him. Confess Isaiah 43:12 (“Put Me in remembrance, let us argue our case together; State your cause, that you may be proved right”) by making it personal: “I put You in remembrance, Lord, let us argue our case for America together. I remind you that our country is in covenant with You, and we declare You will save America from the forces of hell that are trying to destroy it.” All words matter, but especially God’s Word which contains within it the power to bring itself to pass (Isaiah 55:11).
Pray and declare from the place of victory, not trying to get the victory. Our confidence in our place of victory is perhaps best stated in Psalm 33:12a and Malachi 3:6:
Psalm 33:12a (NASB 1995)
Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD… (think Mayflower Compact)
Malachi 3:6 (KJV)
“For I am the LORD, I do not change; Therefore, you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob. (America)
America’s future is bright not because of our goodness; it is bright because of the goodness of God and His faithfulness to His Covenant. Happy birthday, America – God’s got this!
- Share on: Facebook Twitter Google Plus E-mail it to a Friend
- Mission Statement
- Why You Need Jesus
- Why You Need the Baptism of the Holy Spirit
- Prayer to Receive Salvation
- Focus on the Word
- Spiritual Helps
- The Living Word